Montag, 25. April 2011

thoughts... by chriss

I was reading Habakuk this morning...
verse 1 of chapter 2:
I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected.
in chapter one Habakuk has called out to God for justice, for peace...
He has called out to God against their enemies...
he has made is requests known to God...

and now what does he do?
just walks away to continue with his life?
not even expecting an answer?

Well this is what we would do - right?
We just come to go tell him all our troubles and walk off...
continue with life...
hope maybe something might happen if I try a little harder...
or maybe just readjust my view on life a little:
a little more into the direction of: "God is love and great, but too busy for me! not really interested in me..."
and my trust in my heavenly father is being reduced even some more...

But what if we just like the prophet, come to a place where we wait and watch to receive the answer?
What would happen if we would slow down to even a total halt to wait on God?
To hear from Him, what he might have to say...

And what would happen if I even came with this same humility to even have God correct me if I had a wrong perception of my situation?
Just consider that I might be flat out wrong...

Oh how our Lord would be able to speak and answer!
Oh much more we would be changed!
Oh how much more we would actually grow into the image of our Lord (Rom 8:29)

And what else would happen to us?
We would trust God more!
We would be able to see him more as who He is!
Because we would see his answer... maybe not the answer we anticipated, but as we have come humbly, knowing that God as the better answer for us any time for anything!
Oh how the depth of our relationship to our everlasting father and our eternal God would grow...

But we need to wait on Him!
just as the last verse in that chapter asks of us:
But the LORD is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him.
this silence will be our rest as we wait on our Lord!

so when you ask him, wait for the answer...
go to the place where you can best wait and he can best speak!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen